Charter School Accounting
BearmanCPA works with charter schools in North Carolina and around the country in a variety of capacities ranging from monthly accounting services to pre-audit support, financial forecasts and IRS communications.
We understand that you have a lot on your plate directing a charter school’s day to day operations. We can reduce your stress by providing personalized attention to your finance and accounting functions.
We offer a wide range of professional Charter School Accounting Services including accounting, bookkeeping, tax services, and state reporting:
- Monthly accounting services including vendor payments, LINQ accounting data entry, bank account reconciliations and preparation of financial reports.
- Payroll processing and oversight including data entry in LINQ (and/or ADP), pay employees by direct deposit, remit state and federal payroll taxes and file associated quarterly and annual payroll reports (including preparation of employee W2s).
- Coordination with NC DPI for drawdown of federal and state funds.
- Preparation and filing of IRS Form 990.
- Preparation and filing of IRS Forms 1099 and related NC filing.
- Coordination with auditors for annual financial statement audit, including preparation of “Management Discussion & Analysis” portion of the audit.
- Ad hoc services (e.g. assistance with debt re-structuring, bond issuance, financial projections)
- Preparation of semi-annual NC Sales Tax Refund requests.
- Regular communications with staff, management, finance committee and board.